One of the first things the Holy Spirit does is he takes the love of God and makes it personal. It no longer is “He loves the world, but does he love me?”. You will begin to realize how precious you are as a person to God. You will know first-hand the amount of care, compassion and planning that God has put into your life and how he continues to monitor each and every detail about you. The Holy Spirit makes you feel special, the more you get to know Him, the more you need him.
“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” John 14:26 (KJV)
“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.” John 16:13 (KJV)
The primary purpose of the Holy Spirit is to reveal Jesus to you, he gives you power and boldness to spread the Gospel. You are no longer ashamed to share God with others. There are a lot of other ways in which he makes your life better. Given below is a list, which can be verified with scripture, but is not complete. There are other unique ways that he helps you which are left out for you to discover.
“By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness. And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles’ feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.” Acts 4:33-35 (KJV)
- He brings God’s presence to you, your relationship with God gets really deep and soon becomes the best part of your life.
- He teaches you God’s Word (The Bible), you begin to understand things like never before, you also begin to hunger for more.
- Your prayer life is transformed, you pray much better and when using the gift of tongues your prayers are guaranteed to be effective. The quality of your prayers will amaze anyone listening, even yourself at times.
- You receive peace, you are not disturbed easily, the things of this world no longer affect you as they used to. You become a much more stable person, emotions like anger or depression don’t affect you like they used to.
- He can reveal the future to you, if you are mature and know how to handle what he tells you, He will show you things before they happen.
- The Holy Spirit restores and renews you, he picks you up when you sin. He refreshes you when you are tired and weary.
- Gives you wisdom and understanding which is not humanly possible. He allows you to see through people into their real motives and also look past situations and see the big picture.
- He increases your faith. You will begin to expect and see a lot more miracles in your life. You can notice levels of faith that was never possible before he came into your life.
- He improves the quality of your life, the starting point does not matter, he increases your intelligence, your physical strength and energy levels.
- He brings you to your inheritance, he helps you mature as a Christian and over time you begin to realize just how much God has done for you. As you experience it, your love for Him increases and your praises, thanksgiving and worship become a lot deeper.
- He brings about excellence in your life, when the Holy Spirit is in control of your life there is no room for mediocrity, he takes great pleasure in bringing excellence in your life in whatever you do. Over time your life will become so fantastic, that just by looking at you many people will be drawn to God. He makes you a Champion in life!!
Some of these benefits become immediately apparent, a few of them begin to manifest over a few short months, but the best of them need time to develop, sometimes years. The key here is don’t ever give up, treasure and cherish your walk with God and honor and respect the work of the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit also helps you when you decide on tough situations in your life. He can help answer questions like…
- Who has God chosen to be your life partner/spouse in this life You can choose your own but it will never match up to what God has instore for you.
- When to stick on to your current job and when to move on to the next job or task God has in store for you. God’s timing and wisdom is perfect.
- How to solve problems relating to people or situation or tasks/projects that you may face from time to time in your business or career or study.
- How to handle issues in your marriage and in your other relationships.. What is impossible for you is possible with God.
- How to respond to crisis in life like if you lost your job or if your business is doing badly. Sometimes the problem itself may not vanish, but you begin to grow and the problem begins to look small and you get the strength to deal with it.
- When to share Jesus (The Gospel) with someone and when not to. This is very important, it is possible that you may scare people off or push them farther away if you don’t know how and when to bring Jesus up. The Holy Spirit lovingly guides you.
“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” Acts 2:38 (KJV) 55
If Jesus is your Lord and Savior, and you desire to be baptized with the Holy Spirit, pray from the bottom of your heart, the following prayer:
Dear Jesus, please send Your Holy Spirit to me. Fill me afresh with the power of Your Spirit and heal every wounded part of my life, through the power of the Holy Spirit. Let the fire of the Holy Spirit come afresh upon my life, today. Sweet Holy Spirit, I want to be connected to you forever. Enrich me with Your gifts and quicken me and increase my desire for the things of heaven. Holy Spirit, begin to burn away self-centeredness in me, and breathe your life-giving breath into my soul. Jesus, thank you for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Thank You for answering my prayer. Amen.
If you have any questions whatsoever, please don’t hesitate to email me. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
In † Christian Love, Susan Osten
Resource: The Holy Spirit by Blue Flames